15 Apr 2010

Mon Espace Créateur - { My Creative Space }


My creative space is filled with affaires inachevées i.e.unfinished business! Many a work in progress gets eagerly unpacked onto the dining table each morning, then sadly packed away each night. A predicament caused entirely by my own doing. I have a tendency to almost finish a project and then flit to the newer and shinier one waiting on the sidelines. Hence, here is my rather embarrassing list of "things to finish" that are written in my daily diary, then crossed out and transferred to the next day's page....over and over again. The reason I am airing my dirty crafting laundry is so that you, my fellow bloggers, may take me to task over it and demand some finished products. Please excuse me while I hang my head in shame. Task Number 1 : a gorgeous little caravan softie I started making for my Poppet about 2 months ago. Tsk Tsk Tsk I hear you say.


Task Number 2 : Some gorgeous fabric waiting to be turned into some new sleep shorts so I can toss these ratty old ones into the rag bag (I think the rags will even snub this pair!). Yes, I know it's almost Winter.

Task Number 3 : Poppet's Debbie Bliss cardigan. Now I refuse to be scolded over this one because I'm working as fast as my incompetent knitting hands can go. I do some (not always a lot) every night I promise.


Task Number 4: A little crochet hook cosy from my new book, Sew Darn Cute. A thank-you present that is well overdue! Booooo! Hiss!

And then, just to rub salt into my wounds. My lovely postie delivers this into my mailbox!


Into the cupboard until all the other projects are finished.....not likely!
To have a pleasant look through some more virtuous crafters' creative spaces, pop over to lovely Kirsty's blog.

17 comments:

  1. Um, TOTALLY adorable Steph, gorgeous work, love a good mushroom fabric too. Sweet sewing indeedy. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, too many GORGEOUS things in the works. Love the caravan & just the cover of that pattern is divine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. please make the caravan!!!
    I want to see that next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be no tsk tsk from me today, I assure you. I very almost blogged my unfinished project today that I just pulled out of the cupboard, but was just too ashamed. It is a quilt I started for my Miss 12....when she was a Miss 2!!! So there...I win!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks very much like the debbie bliss wraparound cardigan i knitted in that EXACT SAME COLOR for my 6 year old when she was one! it is the only full item of clothing that i have ever knitted and by the time i finished it she was almost too big for it. i am so proud of it! my little 1 year old girl put it on for the 1st time yesterday to my immense pride and i was horrified to see a few little moth eaten holes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know why you can't finish any of them - they are all so lovely that one distracts you from the other.
    Can't wait to see some of them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, they are all great projects so really must be hard to decide. The cardigan is such a nice colour.

    I really don't think you're alone with unfinished projects :)

    All the best, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steph, you've got some awesome project going on. Lovely fabrics and sweet colors! Must be fun working on all of them.
    Hope your week is happy and sunny! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I certainly can't take you to task over your ufo's Steph. I've got too many of my own to finish!! :))
    All your projects look just lovely! Would love to see the car and caravan finished though, and wouldn't they make a fabulous pincushion??

    Thanks for Following me and leaving your comment. Yes, do join in the swap. I agree it will be a ball of fun.
    Your blog is just gorgeous and you have a wonderful way of writing for your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well the comforting thing is you are in good company :-) I love the O&S pattern! Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got so many great projects planned! I love the car&caravan one! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to go with the masses... the caravan... please... it's just so cute. Can't see any time for teaching on the horizon! Hooray! I have a couple of boxes of bags, cut out, lined, and in desperate need of some putting together, but I find it more fun to fiddle with a new bag pattern, or some new card making stuff, and fall in love with a new favourite, and move on all too soon! Good luck with it all, you'll get there...what's that I see, a new softie pattern... look, over there...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, all of them. I have the same problem, I havent finished many things I started, I have sewing ADD. You have such lovely choice is projects and fabric

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have exactly the same problem with newer and shinier projects. I have bags of projects all over the living room not to mention the ridiculous state of affairs in my craft room. I do love that little caravan. Maybe you could pass them to a friend to finish in exchange for finishing some of theres!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No tsk tsking from me either, mainly because that would be the pot calling the kettle black. New shiny projects just waiting and absolutely begggggging to be started are just soo so tempting aren't they. I definitely fall into that trap way too often. Good luck getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely things on the go! Can't wait to see some finished products ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks to me like a case of MPD (Multiple Projects Disorder) There is no cure, but I prescribe copious amounts of fabric, plenty of books and magazines and a good dose of dreaming!

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x