11 Apr 2010

Les Marchés au Puces - { The Market of the Fleas }

Mine was not a weekend of self indulgence nor decadence....mundane springs to mind. With Hubby busy completing the back deck I busied myself with domestic duties and lamented how this weekend felt identical to the past week-days. I didn't whinge too much as my love sweated half his body weight in the humid haze that was this weekend's weather. Pre-drilling and hammering board after board of decking timber can't be his ideal of weekend revelry!

However, on Sunday afternoon, a chance outing brought vintage goodies so lovely as to erase my dreary weekend and fill it with delight! How nourishing to the soul is a wander (albeit a brief one) around a flea market or antique shop. Nothing holds such restorative powers as taking a trip back in time and unearthing some treasure once cherished but no longer needed and giving it a new loving home. Such was my "Aladdin" afternoon. Behold my teeny little writing desk! It stands about half a metre tall and will be perfect for Miss Bijou when she gets a little bit older. As if this find wasn't enough...a beautiful plate, embroidered serviettes and silver holders to add to my collections.

To have a "virtual" browse through flea markets, pop over to the lovely Sophie's blog and enjoy all the other treasures found this weekend. May your week bring you magic! I'm off to have grilled cheese on toast on my new plate...and a cup of tea, of course.


7 comments:

  1. I love the little desk Steph. I got a little writing desk a few years back and have since painted it red. I wonder what sort of letters were written at this desk??? Have a happy week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love the little desk too. I think I would be quite happy writing letters on a lovely desk like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're funny creatures aren't we? Complaining one minute and besides ourselves with excitement at a few little treasures the next. I'm pleased your weekend turned out so lovely in the end. Gorgeous finds. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds - it was a humid weeked wasn't it! We came back from 33 hot/dry to 30 hot/humid - give me hot/dry any day.

    Looking forward to seeing what the little desk become - I will have to pick your local brain for goodie collecting aeas - I am on the look out for desk for my sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet desk, will you keep it blue? I love finding treasures, it's my favourite thing to do xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all your finds, especially the desk and it's perfect shade of blue. And yes, hasn't the weather been a little too hot and humid. Bring on winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the little desk is so sweet ... and the desk will be wonderful when it's done.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x