18 Apr 2010

Les Marchés au Puces - { The Market of the Fleas }


Hubby be scared...be very, very scared!! Our poppet is now the official owner of her first shopping trolley! Today's flea market find was a gorgeous miniature shopping trolley just like Nana had. And Bijou already knows how to use it...pulling it along, filling it with useful objects, editing her choices, putting some back and then carrying on to find new "must haves". A born shopper if ever I saw one! This kind of expertise takes years to perfect but here is my wee little babe "shopping" our house like a pro.

Much to her Grandfather's dismay, she already has a penchant for shoes. She has gumboots, joggers, open toed sandals, closed toe sandals, butterfly sandals, boots, slippers and wee little havaianas. (he is one of those men who say such nonsense as "You need a pair for Summer and a pair for Winter!"). Love him dearly but I do question his sense at times. Poppet also delights in trying on my shoes...a yummy pair of studded black suede ankle boots are her particular favourite. The girl's got taste. Shame they nearly kill me to wear. I used to be able to run in stilletos á la Carrie Bradshaw but lack of practice makes one's feet grow back normal! Believe it not but when you stop wearing ridiculous (yet fabulous) shoes your feet actually get better looking as you age. Who woulda thought.

So prepare yourself, my beloved. Your girl (sorry, girls - I'm not giving up shopping any time soon!) may very well cost you as she grows. So practice the following in the mirror until you can say it without a facial twitch....."Of course you can have them honey, a girl can never have too many shoes!" (substitute handbags, accessories, dresses...craft books, do I need to go on?).

To see what other savvy vintage shoppers (see Hubby, we are everywhere!!) please pop over to the lovely Sophie's blog, Her Library Adventures .

And lastly, a dear friend of mine is probably as we speak embarking on her very first sewing adventure. She has had a rather tumultuous year (that's putting it mildly) and she has handled it with such strength and grace. As she has always wanted to learn to sew I gave her my little old Janome My Lock as a going away present. Please can you all send her happy and positive sewing vibes so that she too may join this wonderful crafty world. I believe a little draw string bag is on the cards. May the force be with you!!!



16 comments:

  1. That's just too cute! It's the same pattern as a little doll stroller I had as a toddler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaargh!
    I think you have my favourite find this week!
    That is so gorgeous - let along being pulled around by a little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's fantastic! Just imagine how many treasures she'll be able to fit in there on her op shopping adventures with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he, remember they used to make jokes about running little old ladies down pulling those trolleys - you got extra points?? Perhaps add a bull bar, non?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. very, very, cute. i need to get me one of those for my little miss poppet. my eyes will be peeled. i love it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooO..i think i had one like that when i was little. lurrrving your blog steph, its gorgous xo jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. So chi chi. Your little girl will certainly make heads turn as she struts her stuff! You will have to make her a little frock from retro fabric to go with it. xxNick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love!!! What a gorgeous find! And I laughed about your hubby comment...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a find it's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute in a little Nana sort of way. What's not to love with pull along trolley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how cute is that, she is going to be adorable pulling that cart around...keeping up with mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEK! That is GREAT! I want one.. erm, I mean... Punky wants one, yes, that's right.. I've never seen a mini-nanna trolley before! I have an awesome old brown one that used to lug home momoth amounts of fruit & veg on weekends but is now retired to the crafty loft for holding fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i could actually do with a trolley like that! one's gotta be lucky enough to find such a gem... thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH I am in LOVE! This is just so adorable! I really need one of those for work and that fabric just so retro. Fabulous find!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that gorgeous little trolley! I can imagine your little girl loves it too! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours and print of the shopping trolley: so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x