8 Feb 2013

cafe tour








A very tricky gift recipient to buy for.
Much mulling, much pausing over items, turning them in my hands and then replacing them on their shelf.
A spontaneous and utterly delicious outing with my beautiful people.
An idea ripening in my subconscious.
A light bulb moment and a plan.
To-ing and fro-ing. Stopping at  lovely little corners of this beautiful city. 
Money exchanged, coffees sipped and always my camera clicking.
Ecru envelopes, lovely quotes, favourite photos printed and twine; always twine.
A quiet afternoon where thoughts came from a ripple less pond and words flowed freely.
A catalogue of grand places to visit; to nourish body and soul.
A sharing of worlds with my only sibling, my brother.
Appreciative words and smiles. Promises to meet up more often.
Plans to keep them.

Steph x

We spent a lovely albeit hectic morning visiting our favourite cafes, restaurants and book shops purchasing gift vouchers and indulging in gorgeous coffee and bits of loveliness all the while taking photos of our travels. I placed these tokens in envelopes and wrote tales of adventures. I cut, I glued, I scribed and then tied it all with string. My brother was most chuffed.
 
Envelopes and stickers from kikki-k.

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet present for your brother. I'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful idea Steph. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is absolutely loverly! such thought & care. Hope your recipient was most pleased with such a thoughtful gift.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Steph, you're the best! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely and creative! Where do u get your twine from? :)
    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! Believe it or not I get it from the newsagents. Hope all is lovely in your world :) x

      Delete
  6. Such a thoughtful, heartfelt gift... the very best kind. I'm sure he appreciated the time and love you bound into the book, just as much as the vouchers themselves. I must ask where the gorgeous stickers were from Steph. They are beautiful. And your incredible handwriting... please tell me there is something you're not good at ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely Anna! Oh my word there are plenty of things I botch on a regular basis don't you worry! As for the stickers, they are from kikki-k...they're lovely aren't they? Hope all is wonderful in your world :) x

      Delete
  7. what a wonderful gift, i would be so happy to receive that xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulously thoughtful gift! you're such a treasure!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a clever idea, what a lovely gift!

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely gift idea, I am pocketing this away for the future ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift. Who wouldn't be well chuffed with that. It's a keeper. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh cute! My best friend and I did something similar when her brother moved to Sydney (and we were living in Elizabeth Bay the the time). This is the kind of thing I would LOVE getting. And what a fun gift to put together x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How splendid, Steph. No wonder your brother was so chuffed. Magnificent, my friend! I, too, would love to know where you bought those fabulous stickers, if you don't mind sharing. J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely Jane. Thanks so much! The stickers are from kikki-k...and so lovely. Hope your days are beautiful x

      Delete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x