8 Aug 2010

Neuf Têtes - { Nine Heads }


Oh the joy of finding a vintage treasure tucked away in your wardrobe! Long covered over by everyday essentials (read: boring with a capital b!) such a gem hides in anticipation waiting for its day in the sun.

And yesterday was my old friend's time to shine again. Flitting about in a "we're running late!" for brekkie reservations panic (yes, one has to reserve a table when a petit poppet is added to the equation). Freezing my little pa-tooty off in nought but my under garments I flicked through black, grey, black, grey...and then...♪ a little ray of sunshine..came into the world ♪.


Re purposed from a GIGANTIC vintage caftan I thrifted many moons ago, this little folky smock is one of my faves. Add a vintage tooled leather belt...."coming, Honey!", some black leggings and a skivvy and some slouchy tan boots from Scooter...."I know we're late...will be out in a jiffy"... and pull crazy hair into even crazier bun like concoction et voila! Eggs Benedict, I can taste you!!!

Note: 9 Heads is a method of drawing fashion figures using the head as a measurement.


8 comments:

  1. :) Coming oce you have taken a few picture:) Love it Steph - it looks great on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful top Steph! I love it when you find something in your wardrobe that you have not worn for ages and it almost feels like new again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous Steph , youve done a great job of refashioning! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Steph, you're totally rocking that kaftan refashion!! Oh i love it!! I'm trying to design a billowing patchwork blouse in reds, which i've seen on a model in a Marie Claire cook book, who cares what she just 'baked' the red patchwork screams trans-seasonal fashion!!
    Oh love love, love Posie
    PS please re-email me your address to my new laptop so i can post off your blog prize + a little something something from France for your Petit Poppet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repurposed indeed, that is so adorable on you what else might you have hidden?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Steph! I'm a bit like you when I go through my wardrobe. Black, grey, black, grey, black, white, grey!!! I've been trying to mix it up with a little bit of colour lately. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. where have I been the last few days and how did i miss this post? argh! Well, glad to be here and see this wonderful spring fashion (and a bit more of your gorgeous self!) Oh how I could go for eggs Benedict right now (and its 10pm!) I hope you had a smashing breaky wearing that beautiful outfit - is that an amber ring i spot...hmmm looking very similar to one in my jewellery box - Have an awesome week Steph! bxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, and you stopped to photograph it too! Looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x