12 Jun 2011

The Garden

A particularly chilly and rainy morning almost nearly curtailed our morning adventures to our local organic open air market and permaculture nursery. But we sturdy folk armed ourselves with a giant sunflower umbrella and soldiered on regardless. We're so very pleased we did.


Just as we reached home, as if by magic, the clouds opened up and the sun cast its glorious Winter rays upon us. We began to find homes for our new seedlings. Rainbow chard and beetroot....and some seed potatoes! I know how elated Hubby and I were when we harvested our first crop of potatoes. Each careful dig of the spade unearthed another nubbly nugget. I simply can not wait until I can see this wonder of nature again through my poppet's eyes.



Snow pea plants cradling drops of early morning rain...cups of tea on the grass surveying our hard work...constant delighted (and delightful!) chatter from our little one....Bliss!




8 comments:

  1. Oh what a bounty of goodness. Nothing better than children in the garden, growing their own food is amazing, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'd love to hear more about how you grow your potatoes, that's something I'd like to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unearthing treasure! Love the photo of your kid digging x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how absolutely gorgeous!!! i'm planning a little vertical herb garden, as i just can't stand buying them anymore! Little bijou looks just so lovely digging in the garden! have a wonderful week sweet girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're about to put in some potatoes too! Did you get your seed potatoes from the Northey Street City Farm markets?
    Love your beautiful photos of things growing - exciting!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous post - I so so wish I had the room to grow my own stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is going to love it. I miss our vege patch. Next house I am putting one in the front, side and backyard. Look out neighbours, they will be over run with homegrown tummies on their doorsteps:). Amelia and I are better but Baden has been struck down now the poor thing. It is never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Droplets on leaves are so magical. Reminds me of my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x