15 Jun 2011

Our Magic Playgroup

Some time ago, Poppet and I discovered a magic world! Hidden under the guise of a Steiner Playgroup, we stumbled upon a serene and wondrous place. We begin our gorgeous morning once a week with a play in the outdoor sandpit and a spot of gardening for those who are keen (mon bébé is always at the head of the pack for this activity!) I always learn so much from the chats that are inspired by the magnificent garden beds!


Vicki (or the pied piper as I liken her to, such is her amazing gift with children!) then leads us in song and we then make our way down to the horse paddock armed with freshly cut grass ready to feed our hungry friends.




A slow meander through the lush property with time always allowed for little ones to have an impromptu swing....


hunt for fallen macadamias....




peer under large pumpkin vine leaves in search of Mr. Pumpkin.... and make our way back to the house for morning tea all the while spying little snippets of nature otherwise overlooked in our over- planned worlds. We slow down on Tuesdays and breathe more deeply....heaven!


We share fruit and homemade goodies and the Mummas are nurtured with fresh lemon balm and mint tea (herbs the wee kiddies picked on their garden wander) and delightful conversation. Some free imaginative play with scarves, Waldorf dolls, shells, wooden blocks made lovingly from fallen branches and logs....and some watercolour painting!


Then it's off to visit the chickens and give them rather a generous feed! A run to the giant lychee tree for some songs and climbing and then it's time to bid our farewells and head back to reality.


Such a gorgeous part of our week and one we both look forward to so very much. Thank you so very much Vicki for creating such an enriching experience for us!

12 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Steph. So good to see that you enjoy every minute. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Not sure what is up with blogger as I have trouble writing on other blogs sometimes too.. it seems to be quite random. Glad all is well, Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so wonderful! I wish someone nearby ran such a lovely playgroup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely gorgeous & delightful, what a beautiful experience!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Steph, it just looks so calm, creative and nurturing ... we may have to join you both next term. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect! I wish there was something like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like utter bliss. I am a big fan of the Steiner philosophy. I'm pretty pathetic at following the philosophy, but I'm a big fan!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderous sweetness you have found!!! So delightful when both mumma and babe can enjoy the wonders of a playgroup and it sounds so holistic and full of imagination! And chickens! I think i'd be fighting for a cup of grain to feed the chickens too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so beautiful. I would love to redo my childhood in Steiner mode! I wished for Steiner for my kids (kinder and school) but lacked the funds and they are all too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds like you both enjoy this magical space. Have to send you an email or phone. Just treading water at the moment (well up late with a sick one) please tell me this will end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky are you to find such a wonderful playgroup. Alas Samford is to far for me as more than 10 mins in the car renders my 2 yo psychotic. I have tried to replicate this at home instead- we have chooks, cat and horses down the end of the street. melx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great experience for the kids - and the adults too! Sounds fabulous!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x