30 Jul 2012

The Circus


Yellow and red against a vivid blue sky. The big top.


Crispy batter drenched in tomato sauce. So wrong...yet oh so right! We go back for seconds.


Trampled grass, mud, the smell of horses...a little person at my knee bubbling with excitement, a fuzzy haired babe on my hip, my beloved's hand in mine.

Acts of strength, of balance, of magic. I shake my head constantly in disbelief and in an instance I tumble back through memories to my own childhood.

The tight rope, the trapeze, the clowns, the ringmaster.... the fairy floss!


Eyes wide, drinking it all in. The circus.

2 comments:

  1. It's been many a year since I've been to the circus. My kids have never been. I must change that. Magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great shots! You really captured this beautifully. We love the circus. x

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x